Duration: 45 min
Costs involvd: none
General impression: easy
This must have been the easiest border crossing so far. There’s really not much to it.
- About 2 km before the border: get your passports stamped by the Senegalese police. These super friendly guys even invited us to have some papaya with them. No bribing.
- About 1 km before the border : get the carnets stamped. In fact I had to tell the customs officer how to do it since he only started working at the border. Super friendly, super correct
- Cross the border with Mali. The police checkpoint here doesn’t stamp your passport. Move on to the customs office a few kilometers down the road on the right. It only took 2 minutes to get them done.
- Continue to the police checkpoint 500 m further and get the passports stamped. This took 5 minutes.
- They’ll open the barrier for you and you are ready to enjoy this wonderful country!